Personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, e.g. name, address, and e-mail address. When processing your personal data, we observe the applicable data protection laws, especially the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and applicable local data protection laws.
- Name and Contact Details of the Controller
Your data is processed by the following data controller:
SD Identity UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Veteranen Strasse 24, 10119 Berlin, Germany
- Name and Contact Details of the Data Protection Officer
Veteranen Strasse 24, 10119 Berlin, Germany
- Collection and Storage of Personal Data as well as Method and Purpose of their Processing, relevant Legal Basis and Storage Period
Informative Use of our Website (Automatically Collected Data)
During the mere informative use of our Website, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise transmit information to us, we only collect data that your browser transmits to our server (so-called server log files), whereby logging only takes place to the technically necessary extent. The following information is collected:
- Name of the Website accessed,
- File, date and time of retrieval,
- Volume of data transferred,
- Notification of successful retrieval,
- Browser type and version,
- Operating system of the user,
- Referrer URL (the website from which the access is made),
- IP address and the requesting provider,
- When the Website is accessed via a mobile device: country code, language, name of device, name of operating system and version
The legal basis for the collection of this data is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest in collecting this data results from the following purposes:
- ensuring optimal use of our Website,
- ensuring smooth connection establishment,
- evaluation of system security and stability.
Getting in Touch and Learn More
The provision of further (additional) personal data is voluntary. There will not be any negative consequences for you if you do not provide us with further personal data. However, within the scope of each of the following processing procedures, we as controller need your personal data in order to be able to act. In these cases, we cannot provide the service you request without using the personal data required for this purpose.
If you contact us by email or contact form your email address as well as your name and the personal data contained in the message will be transmitted to and processed by us. The personal data is only processed to respond to your inquiry.
We use your data exclusively for the purpose of answering your inquiry. The legal basis for this is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f) GDPR (legitimate interest of processing inquiries and other requests). Your data will be deleted after processing your request unless further storage is necessary, e.g. when we have concluded a contract with you. In this case we process your data on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b) GDPR.
Most of the cookies we use ("Session Cookies") and the data stored and transmitted in them are automatically deleted at the end of your visit. Other cookies ("Persistent Cookies") remain stored on your end device until you delete them.
You can set your browser so that you are informed about the setting of cookies and only allow cookies in individual cases, exclude the acceptance of cookies for certain cases or generally and activate the automatic deletion of cookies when closing the browser. You can delete cookies that have already been saved at any time. If you deactivate cookies, the functionality of the Website may be limited.
Some elements of our Website require that the calling browser can be identified even after a page change. Cookies may be stored for this purpose, which enable us to recognise your browser on your next visit.
If personal data are processed by the cookies, we process them on the basis of a balancing of interests pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f) GDPR, which always also takes your interests into account.
When you visit our Website, cookies are also set that enable an analysis of your use of the Website for reach measurement ("Analysis Cookies").
We use Analysis Cookies exclusively on the basis of your consent in accordance with § 25 para. 1 TTDSG and Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a) GDPR via our cookie banner. You can also access further information about the cookies we use via our cookie banner. You can also use the cookie banner to revoke your consent to the processing of your data through Analysis Cookies at any time.
For the analysis of your use of our Website, we use "Google Analytics", a service of the Google LLC group, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA ("Google"), on the basis of a data processing agreement pursuant to Art. 28 GDPR.
We have activated the IP anonymisation function. This means that your IP address is shortened by Google within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area before being transmitted to the USA. Google will use this information on our behalf for the purpose of evaluating your use of the Website, compiling reports on Website activity and providing other services relating to Website activity and Internet usage.
You have the option to prevent the storage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser software accordingly. You can also prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the Website (including your IP address) by Google and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plugin available at the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en .
We process and store your personal data only for the period necessary to achieve the aforementioned purposes or as far as this is granted or demanded by the European legislator or other legislators in laws or regulations to which we are subject to. In case we have concluded a contract with you regarding the provision of services we store your data as long as it is necessary for the processing of the existing agreement with you, i.e. until the expiry of the statutory or possible contractual warranty rights. After expiry of this period, we retain the information of the contractual relationship as long as this is required under applicable commercial and tax law.
Your personal data may be transferred or disclosed to third party companies which can be located outside the European Economic Area (EEA), i.e. in third countries. This concerns the use of the following services:
- Google: Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
Insofar as data is transferred to a third country, in particular the USA, for which there is no adequacy decision by the Commission, this will take place on the basis of Standard Contractual Clauses pursuant to Art. 46 para. 2 lit. c) GDPR in conjunction with appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your data.
A copy of the Standard Contractual Clauses or further information on the Standard Contractual Clauses used can be downloaded from the respective website of the service provider:
All personal data transmitted by you is transferred using the secure and proven SSL (Secure Socket Layer) standard. We also use appropriate technical and unauthorized security measures to protect stored personal data against manipulation, partial or complete loss and unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments. In particular, we ensure that sensitive personal data is only stored on servers hosted in the EU that are certified in accordance with DIN ISO/IEC 27001 (as amended from time to time).
In relation to our processing of your personal data, you are entitled to the following rights free of charge:
- Right to Information pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR
- Right to Rectification pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR
- Right to Deletion pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR
- Right to the Restriction of Processing pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR
- Right to Data Portability pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR
- Right to Object pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR
- Right of Withdrawal of Consent pursuant to Art. 7 GDPR
- Right to file a Complaint with the Supervisory Authority
You have the right to receive information from us about whether and which data we process about you. This includes information on how long and for what purpose we process the data, the source of the data and the recipients or categories of recipients to whom we pass on the data. We can also provide you with a copy of this data.
You have the right to request that we rectify information about you that is not or no longer accurate without delay. In addition, you can request that we complete your incomplete personal data. If required by law, we will also inform third parties of this rectification if we have disclosed your personal data to them.
• Your data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed or the purpose has been achieved;
• You withdraw your consent and there is no other legal basis for the processing;
• You object to the processing and there are no prevailing legitimate grounds for the processing; in the case of the use of personal data for direct marketing, a mere objection by you to the processing is sufficient;
• Your personal data has been processed unlawfully;
• The deletion of your personal data is necessary to comply with a legal obligation under European Union law or the law of a member state to which we are subject.
• you dispute the correctness of your personal data for a period of time that allows us to verify the correctness of the personal data;
• the processing is unlawful and you object to the deletion of the personal data and request instead the restriction of the use of your personal data;
• we no longer need your personal data for the purposes of processing; however, you need them for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims, or
• you have objected to the processing as long as it has not yet been determined whether our legitimate reasons outweigh yours.
You have the right to obtain personal data concerning you that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit this data to others. The exercise of this right does not affect your right to deletion.
• the processing serves the assertion, exertion or defence of legal claims.
You can withdraw your consent given to us at any time with effect for the future. This withdrawal can be made in the form of an informal notification to the above-mentioned contact addresses. If you withdraw your consent, the legitimacy of the data processing carried out up to that point will not be affected.
The Berlin Commissioner for Data Security and Freedom of Information (Berliner Beauftragte für Datenschutz und Informationsfreiheit)
Phone: +49 30 13889-0
Fax: +49 30 2155050
We do not process your data for automated decisions in individual cases, including profiling within the meaning of Art. 22 GDPR.